Have you ever looked at your website and thought...
"Nope, that just isn't me." Or maybe, "The clients I want to work with have no idea what I do or how I can help them."
It's time for a change!
I'm sure when you got that idea for your side hustle, web designer wasn't on your long list of to-do's was it?
At some point, whether you're at a networking event, conference, a market show selling your product, you're going to hear questions that sound like, "What's your website?" or "how can I find you online?"
And what's your reaction to that question? Are you happy because you know your website is doing everything you need it to do? Or, is that sinking feeling at the pit of your stomach making you sick because you know your website
- Looks as if you made it
- Could be so much more than what it is
- Isn't really helping you. It's just taking up internet space.
- Makes you feel embarrassed and that people probably won't take you seriously.
But, guess what? It doesn't have to be that way!
You know your clients, you know your business, and you've got the passion, but you need to translate all of this and more to your online home.
It's time to have a website that can do the work when you're at work, with a client, having fun with family and friends, or just enjoying a day at the spa! You need your website to be your employee!
Does this sound like you?
- When you're at your 9 to 5, you're wondering how you can sneak in some time at work to work on your business.
- You have late nights and early mornings working on your business.
- You're not fully present when you're with family or friends because your website isn't designed to be your employee so you're worried about what you're missing.
- You created your first website or tried to create it and the more you look at it, the more you cringe because you know it looks like you created it.
- When you're with a client, in the back of your mind you wonder if you've missed any inquiries or the time it will take you to respond to someone who's shown interest in working with you.
- If you hear one more time about all the stuff you need to do and should be doing, you're going to scream. 'Cause let's be honest...you just want to do the thing that brings you joy. Isn't that why you started your biz in the first place?
- You're overwhelmed with all that comes with maintaining your website because you aren't sure what you need or if it's doing what you need it to do.
Is that a yes, I hear?
Then let's work together to create that wonderful online home so that you can spend your time doing what you love!
Having a website that
- Let's you focus on your zone of genius. (the thing you do so well)
- Allows your potential clients to see the real you (I mean, who has time for all that pretending??) Exhausting!!
- Acts as your employee (so you can be present and focused on your clients, friends, and family when you're with them).
- Pull its own weight by helping you reach your big, scary business goals (ya can't work 27/7).
- Makes you proud because it shows your potential clients what you can do to solve their problems.
- Keeps you from being embarrassed because it's professional and shares your brand message.
Is what you deserve!
5 Things You Can Do Now If Your Website Isn't Doing The Job You Hired It To Do
What's it like working together on your website?
So I'm just gonna go ahead and put it out there...it's work. But, we're gonna make it fun and laugh all the way! All work and no fun or laughter makes for a very unpleasant experience, in anything, wouldn't you say?
I'm not your typical web designer because I don't believe in just throwing up your online home. There's so much strategy and data behind a website and when it's done right, you're going to scream and be overjoyed with excitement.
We'll communicate ...often! There's no way we can get this done if we don't and you don't know what's going on, right? And, how icky and un-businesslike is it to not know what's going on with such an important part of your business? You have the right to know every step of the way what's going on. Period.
It's important to me that you understand all aspects of your business. No, I'm not going to bore you with all the tech speak, but as a business owner, you need to understand the strategy and how your website is a part of helping you reach those big, scary goals.
You get my attention. I don't take on more than 2 clients at a time. For me, working with only a couple of clients at a time gives more room for creativity and gets rid of the crazy juggling act.
I'm your designer and developer. What's the difference between the two?
As your website designer, I create the look of your website. It does not just about the look. We talk about your goals and strategy. There needs to be a reason and method behind the madness!
As your website developer, I work under the hood to make sure all the pretty and strategy works. That means all the functionality, all the clicking, all the analytics, and much more. This is where the website and building and coding takes place!
"Lynn is a pleasure to work with, she is patient and makes what seems to be complicated easy."
I would highly recommend Lynn for your design and maintenance of your website. She helped me navigate my website and other techie accounts with ease so that I could understand and learn how to manage independently. Lynn is the Diva of Technology!
~Heather Bischoff, Business Coach
So...are you ready?
A little bit about me...
I wasn't always a WordPress Ninja. In fact, when I started with WordPress 11 years ago, we didn't get along. At. All. I remember crying because I couldn't for the life of me figure it out and it wasn't as easy as a friend of mine told me it was.
But, my friend, I went from not having a clue to designing and coding! Over the years I've learned what works and what doesn't work, strategies to create a website that will attract the clients you want to work with, not the ones you have to work with - that is the worst! No more being ashamed of your website, no more having a website that isn't pulling its weight.
I've been on both ends of the stick as my Mom would say. I know what it's like to have a website you hate. I've been through the struggles and frustration of having to DIY and figure out WordPress. I also know that amazing feeling when you've busted your butt to grow your biz and you have a website that shows what you can do and your clients feel like you're the answer to their problem.
Talk to you soon!
P.S. If you aren't quite ready to take the leap with your website, that's okay. You can get to know me by reading my blog, signing up for my guide, 5 Things You Can Do Now If Your Website Isn't Doing The Job You Hired It To Do, or follow me on Instagram where you'll get some tips and get to know me better on a personal level. -xo, Lynn